Download a copy of this presentation (.pdf)
- The Royal Canadian Mounted Police is Canada’s national police service. Proud of our traditions and confident in meeting future challenges, we commit to preserve the peace, uphold the law and provide quality service in partnership with our communities.
- Public safety is always our top priority, and we welcome the regular meetings and work we do with the communities we serve to identify issues of local concern, discuss solutions, and to set local policing priorities.
- We encourage anyone who has been a victim of a crime, or sees something suspicious to report it to police. Always call police or 9-1-1 immediately if the incident is still in progress, or if it is an emergency.
- We take all reports of crime seriously. Every report helps us identify crime trends and manage our resources effectively.
General Duty (GD):
- Members in uniform on patrol around the clock
- Answer calls for service
- Enforce municipal, provincial and federal laws
- Prevent crime
- Conduct school visits, attend community and special events.
Further Investigation Team (FIT):
- Assists GD members with follow-up and to further daily investigations when required • Investigates fraud, assault, missing person files and more.
General Investigation Section (GIS):
- Conduct serious and/or complex investigations on files that could pose a threat on public safety.
- Investigates files such as serious assaults, assaults with weapons, robberies, crimes involving children and financial crime.
Crime Reduction Unit (CRU):
- Members not in uniform that focus on crime which cause the most harm in our communities such as the sale, possession and production of illegal drugs, trending property crime and prolific offenders.
Operational Communications Centre (OCC):
- Triage, prioritize and dispatch calls for service from 911 and non-emergency calls
Call Back Unit (CBU) / Front Desk:
- Supports front line policing and OCC with non-urgent calls for service.
Community Policing Unit (CPU):
“Provide community policing services within the Codiac region with the objective to reduce victimization”
- Combination of regular members, public service employees and volunteers
Operational Support Units
- Federal Serious and Organized Crime (FSOC)
- Provincial Crime Reduction Unit (PCRU)
- Forensic Identification Services (FIS)
- Major Crime Unit (MCU)
- Police Dog Services (PDS)
- Critical Incident Program (CIP)
- Emergency Response Team (ERT)
- Explosive Disposal Unit (EDU)
- Tactical Support Group (TSG)
- Ground Search and Rescue (GSAR)
- Underwater Recovery Team (URT)
- Strategic Communications
- Air Services
- New Brunswick Integrated Enforcement Unit (NBIEU):