The Governance Committee is responsible for all matters concerning the governance of the CRPA.
The responsibilities include,
- Determining and recommending all changes to the Policy and Procedures Manual of the CRPA.
- Considering and recommending all proposed changes to the structure or format of the CRPA.
- Annually evaluating the work of the CRPA against its strategic plan.
- Periodical review of Board expenses.
The Governance Committee will consist of a Chair, and two other CRPA members to be elected by a majority of the Members of the CRPA.
Corinne Godbout Chair
The Finance Committee is responsible for overseeing the financial aspects of the CRPA and of the Regional Police Service.
The responsibilities include:
- Consulting with the OIC regarding prospective direct and indirect costs of the priorities, objectives and goals established by the CRPA.
- Liaising with partner municipalities, the Province and other stakeholders on the financial aspects of the Regional Police Service.
- Overseeing the long range aspects of the CRPA financial plan.
- Determining an annual budget for CRPA activities independent of the budget of the Regional Police service.
- Monitoring the ongoing revenues and expenditures and estimated costs and discuss variances of the Regional Police and the CRPA budget.
- Identifying policing cost issues which should be the subject of further analysis.
- Analyzing claims for expense submitted by CRPA members.
The Finance Committee will consist of a Chair (the Treasurer), a Secretary and two other CRPA members to be elected by a majority of the Members of CRPA.
Contract and Quality of Policing Committee
The Contract and Quality of Policing Committee provides ongoing analytical assessment of the quality of policing in the Region and monitors compliance of the Regional Police Service with the terms of relevant acts and agreements.
The responsibilities include:
- Fully comprehending all relevant acts and agreements regarding the policing of the Region and monitoring the administration, management and operations of the Service against those contractual requirements.
- Liaising with the OIC to identify issues which require special analysis or the acquisition of specific data to support the work of the CRPA.
- Receiving representations from the public or other stakeholders to determine the need for further analysis or further representation before the CRPA.
- Liaising with the Province regarding the objectives, priorities and goals as determined by the Province.
- Coordinating the conduct of public meetings in support of the development of the annual objectives, priorities and goals of the Regional Police Service.
- Determining changes which should be made to any relevant acts, agreements, procedures, or approaches of the Province or other stakeholders which may enhance the quality of policing in the region.
The Contract and Quality of Policing Committee will consist of a Chair, and two other members to be elected by a majority of the Members of CRPA.